Triathlon Size M – 2200
What awaits you
The swim will take place in Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake and will be 1 400m long.
You can see the swim course right here:
The cycling part will begin at the bottom of the valley and finish in Saint-François Longchamp 1650, going by Montvernier’s road, the Chaussy pass and the hard climb of Montgellafrey: 53km for 2200m of D+.
- From Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne you follow Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines by the D74 (6k)
- You cross Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines and Sainte-Marie-de-Cuines by the Îles’s road until Pontamafrey (6k)
- At Pontamafrey starts the climb of Lacets de Montvernier. It goes on with the cross of Montvernier and Montpascal until Chaussy’s pass – 1533m, with a refuel (14k of climbing).
- The way down is by the D99 and D213 through Montaimont‘s village, until Saint-Martin-sur-la-Chambre‘s town hall (13k)
- When you’re at Notre-Dame-du-Cruet, the course links with the S Size Triathlon. A refuelling is available and you’re up for 12k of climbing and 1100m of D+!
- Cross on Montgellafrey‘s village, at the middle of the climb with a water point.
- Finish in Saint-François-Longchamp 1650‘s resort, second transition in front of the balneotherapy center!
You can see the bike course right here or on Trace de Trail:
- Start of the Run from the T2 Bike Park located in front of the Balneo !
- You will pass near the DZ-Hélico before going up in the direction of the small wooden bridge that will lead you to the Plan Mollaret shopping area.
- Go down along the snow front to the bottom of the Place de la Madeleine.
- Go back up towards the Tourist Office and the Balneo to do your two other loops.
- You will cross the finish line on your third loop which will be located near the Tourist Office!
There is no object (such as a scrunchy) given to the runners at each lap. You must count your laps on your own.
|TIME AND PLACE OF START
|09:00 am at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake on Saturday 17 August 2024
|PLACE OF FINISH
|– 1400m of swimming, at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake
– 53k of biking (2200m of D+) from Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne to Saint-François-Longchamp, by the Lacets of Montvernier, the Chaussy’s pass and the climb of Montgellafrey!
– 8k of running (200m of D+) in Saint François Longchamp’s resort, in 2 loops
|TYPE OF RACE AND AGE
|– INDIVIDUAL: from Junior (born in 2006 or before)
– RELAY (2 or 3 participants): from the Cadet’s age group (born in 2008 or before)
|A time limit is set at 2:30 pm at the second transition so after 5:30 of racing. All those that haven’t finished the bike course by this time will be put out of the race and won’t be able to run.
|– End of the swim: water point
– km 27: Col du Chaussy: full refuelling
– km 41: Notre-Dame-du-Cruet: light refuelling
– km 46: Montgellafrey: light refuelling
– Start of the run and of every loop: full refuelling
– Finish line: full refuelling
Reminder: you must have your own cup and no cups will be given on the refuellings.
|BIBS’S PICK UP
|– Friday, August 16 from 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm at the Balneotherapy Center of Saint-François-Longchamp
– Saturday, August 17 from 6:30 am to 08:00 am at the Balneotherapy Center of Saint-François-Longchamp
WARNING: NO BIBS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE START’S PLACE AT SAINT-RÉMY-DE-MAURIENNE!
There are no registrations on site.
– 40 first bibs at 60 €
– 40 following bibs at 68 €
– All the other ones at 75 €
– 85€ per team (2 or 3 relayers)
|4:00 pm at Saint-François-Longchamp’s arrival
|PICKING UP OF YOUR CYCLING STUFF
|You’ll be able to access the bike transition number 2 area at the moment the last participant finishes his bike part.
WARNING: for obvious reasons of steal and confusion, it will be MANDATORY to be in possession of your bib or your bracelet to pick your stuff up.
|Since the bike course isn’t a loop, this triathlon has the particularity of having two transition areas:
– The low one at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne (T1)
– The high one at Saint-François-Longchamp (T2)
The organisation will give the racers a big plastic bag with their bib number on. In the first transition area, all racers must:
– Put all their swimming and pre-race stuff in this plastic bag.
– Close the bag
– Put this bag in the big case corresponding to his bib number at the exit of the transition area.
The organisation will take those stuff to the finish line, but ONLY the ones with a good conditioner. Racers will be able to have them back after the race nearby the second transition area at Saint-François-Longchamp.