Triathlon Size S – 1200
What awaits you
The swim will take place in Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake and will be 700m long.
You can see the swim course right here:
The cycling part will begin at the bottom of the valley and finish in Saint-François Longchamp 1650, going by the hard climb of Montgellafrey: 20k including 12k of climbing for 1200m of D+.
- From Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne, follow La Chambre, by the D76A (3,5k)
- Going in La Chambre, take a left following Montgellafrey by the D76.
- Serious business starts then with the cross of Notre-Dame-du-Cruet, you’re on for 12k of ascent and 1100m of elevation!
- The cross of Montgellafrey, which marks the half of the ascent, with a water point
- Finish in Saint-François-Longchamp 1650’s resort, second transition in front of the balneotherapy center!
You can see the bike course right here or on Trace de Trail:
- Start of the Run from the T2 Bike Park located in front of the Balneo !
- You will pass near the DZ-Hélico before going up in the direction of the small wooden bridge that will lead you to the Plan Mollaret shopping area.
- Go down along the snow front to the bottom of the Place de la Madeleine.
- Go up towards the Tourist Office and the Balneo to do your second loop.
- You will cross the finish line during your second loop which will be located near the Tourist Office !
You’re on your own to count the number of loops you did!
You can see the run course on Trace de Trail:
|TIME AND PLACE OF START||2:00 pm at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake on Saturday, August 20th of 2022|
|PLACE OF FINISH||Saint-François-Longchamp|
|LENGHTS||– 700m of swimming, at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake|
– 20k of biking (1200m of D+) from Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne to Saint François Longchamp by the hard climb of Montgellafrey!
– 5k of running (130m of D+) in Saint François Longchamp’s resort, in 4,5 loops
|TYPE OF RACE AND AGE||– INDIVIDUAL: from Cadet (born in 2005 or before)|
– RELAY (2 or 3 participants): from the Benjamin’s age group (born in 2009 or before)
|TIME LIMITS||There are no time limits on this race.|
|REFUELLINGS||– End of the swim: water point|
– Notre-Dame-du-Cruet: water point
– Montgellafrey: water point
– Start of the run and of every loop: full refuelling
– Finish line: full refuelling
Reminder: you must have your own cup and no cups will be given on the refuellings.
|BIBS’S PICK UP||– Friday, August 19 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Saint-François-Longchamp’s tourism office|
– Saturday, August 20 from 9:30 am to 12:00 am at the Saint-François-Longchamp’s tourism office
WARNING: NO BIBS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE START’S PLACE AT SAINT-RÉMY-DE-MAURIENNE!
There are no registrations on site.
|REGISTRATIONS FEES||– 50 first bibs at 30 €|
– 50 following bibs at 35 €
– All the other ones at 40 €
|AWARDS||7:00 pm at Saint-François-Longchamp’s tourism office|
|BAGGAGE ROOM||This service is not available this year.|
|PICKING UP OF YOUR CYCLING STUFF||You’ll be able to access the bike transition number 2 area at the moment the last participant finishes his bike part (around 6:30 pm), until 8:00 pm.|
WARNING: for obvious reasons of steal and confusion, it will be MANDATORY to be in possession of your bib or your bracelet to pick your stuff up.
|SWIMMING STUFF||Since the bike course isn’t a loop, this triathlon has the particularity of having two transition areas:|
– The low one at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne (T1)
– The high one at Saint-François-Longchamp (T2)
The organisation will give the racers a big plastic bag with their bib number on. In the first transition area, all racers must:
– Put all their swimming and pre-race stuff in this plastic bag.
– Close the bag
– Put this bag in the big case corresponding to his bib number at the exit of the transition area.
The organisation will take those stuff to the finish line, but ONLY the ones with a good conditioner. Racers will be able to have them back after the race nearby the second transition area at Saint-François-Longchamp.