Triathlon Size XL – 3800
New race for the 2022 edition!
Discover the teaser of this new format for the 2022 edition of the Madeleine’s Triathlon
WHAT AWAITS YOU
The swim will take place in Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake and will be 1600m long.
You can see the swim course right here:
The cycling part will begin at the bottom of the Maurienne’s valley and finish in Saint-François Longchamp 1650, going by Montvernier’s road, the Mollard Pass, the Croix-de-Fer Pass and the Glandon Pass before the hard climb of Montgellafrey: 111km for 3800m of D+.
- From Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne, direction Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines, by the D74 (6km)
- Crossing of Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines and Sainte-Marie-de-Cuines by the road of the Islands until Pontamafrey (6km)
- At Pontamafrey, climb the Lacets of Montvernier and then descend to Hermillon (22km).
- Crossing of Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to reach the summit of the Col du Mollard in Albiez-Montrond (17km of ascent and 1000m D+).
- Descent to the Pont de Belleville in the direction of Saint-Sorlin-d’Arves via the road to Saint-Jean-d’Arves.
- Ascent to the Col de la Croix-de-Fer (7km and 600m D+) then descent to Saint-Etienne-de-Cuines by the Col du Glandon (23km and 1600m D-).
- Arriving at Notre-Dame-du-Cruet, the course joins the one of the Size S et Size M races. A refreshment station is offered and it’s off for 12km of ascent and 1100m of ascent!
- Crossing of the Village of Montgellafrey, which marks the halfway point of the climb, with a water point.
- Arrival in the resort of Saint-François-Longchamp 1650, 2nd transition in front of the Balneotherapy Center!
Find the detailed course of the cycling event below or directly on Trace de Trail:
|TIME AND PLACE OF DEPARTURE||07:30 am at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake on Saturday, August 20th of 2022|
|PLACE OF FINISH||Saint-François-Longchamp|
|LENGHTS||– 1600m of swimming, at the Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne’s lake|
– 111km of cycling (3800m of D+) between Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne and Saint-François-Longchamp, via the Lacets de Montvernier, the Col du Mollard, the Col de la Croix de Fer, the Col du Glandon and the ascent of Montgellafrey!
– 15km of running (400m of D+), in 1,5 loop
|TYPE OF RACE AND AGE||– INDIVIDUAL: from Junior (born in 2004 or before)|
– RELAY (2 or 3 participants): from the Junior age group (born in 2004 or before)
|TIME LIMITS||2 time limits :|
– The first at Notre Dame du Cruet (km 99), at 3h15 pm before the ascent of Montgellafrey / Saint François Longchamp, after 7h45 of race
– The second at the 2nd transition (Bike -> Running), at 5h15 pm, after 9h45 of race.
– End of the swim : water point
– Km 30 : Saint Jean de Maurienne, before the ascent of the Col du Mollard : full refuelling
– Km 43 : Col du Mollard : full refuelling
– Km 57 : Saint Sorlin d’Arves : full refuelling
– Km 68 : Col du Glandon : water point
– Km 99 : Notre-Dame-du-Cruet : water point
– Km 105 : Montgellafrey : full refuelling
– Start of the run and of every loop : full refuelling
– Arrival : full refuelling
|BIB’S PICK UP||– Friday, August 19 from 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm at the Saint-François-Longchamp’s tourism office|
WARNING: NO BIBS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE START’S PLACE AT SAINT-RÉMY-DE-MAURIENNE!
There are no registrations on site.
|REGISTRATIONS FEES||– 80 first bibs at 130€|
– 80 following bibs at 150€
– All the other ones at 170€
|AWARDS||4:00 pm at Saint-François-Longchamp’s tourism office|
|BAGGAGE ROOM||More informations to come|
|PICKING UP YOUR CYCLING STUFF||You’ll be able to access the bike transition number 2 area at the moment the last participant finishes his bike part.|
WARNING: for obvious reasons of steal and confusion, it will be MANDATORY to be in possession of your bib or your bracelet to pick your stuff up.
|SWIMMING STUFF||Since the bike course isn’t a loop, this triathlon has the particularity of having two transition areas:|
– The low one at Saint-Rémy-de-Maurienne (T1)
– The high one at Saint-François-Longchamp (T2)
The organisation will give the racers a big plastic bag with their bib number on. In the first transition area, all racers must:
– Put all their swimming and pre-race stuff in this plastic bag.
– Close the bag
– Put this bag in the big case corresponding to his bib number at the exit of the transition area.
The organisation will take those stuff to the finish line, but ONLY the ones with a good conditioner. Racers will be able to have them back after the race nearby the second transition area at Saint-François-Longchamp.